MARLOW LOCAL GROUP
Marlow Living Streets is a group of volunteer local residents who are passionate about decreasing pollution and traffic congestion in the town.
We want our streets to become safer and healthier, and make Marlow a more sustainable, accessible, and pleasant place to live, work and shop.
WHAT WE'RE DOING
- We will promote the health, societal and economic benefits of walking and cycling short journeys into and across Marlow and surrounding areas
- Campaign for a default 20mph speed limit on all roads that people live, work, shop and socialise on across Marlow, as endorsed by the UN and the WHO
- Work proactively with Buckinghamshire Council and our town council to improve air quality in the 'Air Quality Management Zone' in Chapel Street, High Street, Spittal Street & West Street
- Support Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, 'School Streets' and other people-friendly initiatives
- Support Marlow schools to promote walking and cycling journeys, and initiatives such as 'park and stride', Modeshift Stars and Next Steps.
- Campaign for more investment in wider busy pavements, parklets, more public seating, larger networks of segregated cycle lanes and improved cycle parking to make travelling without a car safer, more convenient and a more pleasant experience in and around Marlow.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Marlow Living Streets Local Group is a grassroots organisation. We want to hear from any resident of Marlow or surrounding villages if you have an issue with your street that you think we can help with.