LAMBETH LOCAL GROUP
Lambeth Living Streets is made up of local resident volunteers eager to make walking in Lambeth safer, easier and the streets more joyous.
With almost 60% of residents in our borough having no access to a car, it's vital that there are safe and pleasant options for getting around the neighbourhood.
Fewer cars, and more walking and wheeling, also means less pollution, improved health outcomes and greater well-being.
WHAT WE'RE DOING
With the effects of Climate Change becoming increasingly evident in our lives, we seek to ensure that Lambeth’s Climate Action Plan is at the forefront of everybody’s mind – councillors, officers and residents.
This is why we advocate for better walking, cycling, scooting and wheeling conditions on our streets.
We're currently campaigning to:
- Support the implementation of low traffic neighbourhoods, school streets, bike lanes and 24/7 bus lanes that have been introduced in and around Lambeth in the past few years, with the hope of them being made permanent and extended across the borough.
- Extend controlled parking zones across Lambeth and implement changes to the charging structures so that cycle storage is not more expensive than car storage as is the case at present
- Influence the Council’s new Kerbside Management Strategy so that more street space is dedicated to people and less to storing cars
- Support community parklets
- Support other greening projects that make the best use of public space in and around Lambeth
- Ensure that those elements of Lambeth’s Climate Action Plan that affect walking and cycling are delivered on time by 2030
- Raise funds to support all initiatives
HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you are interested in finding out more, lending your support, or if you have a concern or issue that you'd like us to look into, please get in touch via the links provided on the left.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive all the up to date information on campaigns, our bi-monthly meetings across the borough, social events and news from like-minded organisations.
Follow us on Twitter to hear our thoughts, reflections and newsworthy mentions.