DAGENHAM OVER 65S LOCAL GROUP
The Dagenham Over 65's Living Streets Group was formed in 2023. Our Local Group provides walks led by local people for older adults aged 65 and over in the area.
WHAT WE'RE DOING
We currently run weekly walks in Dagenham for people with varying walking ability. No matter what level of physical activity you are comfortable with, you can join our group and enjoy time with other members of the community to boost your mental and physical health.
We want to:
- Support local residents aged 65 and over
- Help older adults build confidence and physical resilience through walking for health and leisure
- Provide a space for regular social interactions through walking and wheeling related activities for older adults
- Engage in conversations with local residents to improve accessibility to green spaces for everyone
- Promote intergenerational community support through led walks
If you are interested in finding out more, please get in touch via the links in the buttons