The Tyneside Living Streets Group covers Newcastle, Gateshead, Durham, North Tyneside and South Tyneside. If you live locally, or are just visiting the area, you are always welcome at meetings.
We meet every few months at Mea House in Newcastle on Tyne. Please get in touch for details of our next meeting.
Our main goals are to:
- Make walking the natural choice – increase walking throughout the area
- Put people first – ensure that people on foot are prioritised over motor traffic
- Create quality spaces for all – support development of people friendly neighbourhoods, so that public spaces are enjoyable for everyone.
Our current campaigns include:
- Metro Stations – improving access in and around Tyne and Wear Metro Stations
- Shopping areas - working to improve conditions for pedestrians in and around district and local shopping areas
- Considerate parking - for example, discouraging parking on the pavement
- 20's plenty - campaigning for lower speed limits and safer streets.
Do you have an issue that you think needs attention? We are looking for people who want to improve conditions where they live or work.
If you would like to survey your local shopping area, for example, or look at access to Metro Stations, then please get in touch.
Contact our group
Receive our Local Group News