Our brand new activity, Little Feet, is perfect for getting little ones walking through a set of fun and engaging activities for everyone involved. Little Feet is set across two challenge themes – People Who Help Us and Minibeasts. Each theme consists of a four-six week burst of activities, and they can each be run whenever fits a setting’s needs. We recommend a three month gap between each one.
Little Feet’s interactive journey maps, stickers and educational games are designed to reward families for their walking journey and walking successes (cycling and scooting count too!) instilling healthy habits for life. There will be different walking milestones to reach and games to play along the way; using the early year’s themes and Living Streets’ mascot, Strider, to draw out links to the Early Years Statutory Framework and Ofsted Descriptors.
Each pack is suitable for up to 40 children, inside your folder you will find:
- A Little Feet guide for practitioners on how to run Little Feet
- Two A3 themed journey maps (People Who Help Us and Minibeasts)
- Two sets of journey map stickers for children to track their walking
- Practitioner stickers to aid discussion around each theme
- Two sets of reward stickers for children
- Parent/carer booklet about Little Feet and the benefits of walking, plus eight challenges to complete as a family
- Letter for practitioners
BONUS! To celebrate the launch of Little Feet, you will also receive a complimentary Strider plush toy for your setting, to facilitate story telling and the benefits of walking (one per pack ordered)
You will also receive regular updates from Living Streets to support with additional activities and information between running each challenge.
NB: If you have over 40 children, we recommend purchasing a second pack and splitting your group of children into smaller groups.
Orders placed during term-time will be delivered on a weekly basis.