Welcome to Ratho Living Streets Group. Ratho is a village in the Rural West Edinburgh, Scotland. It's population at the 2011 census was 1,634. We are a group of local residents, aiming to work together to create safer streets in and around our village.
Our current campaign focus is looking at:
- Safer routes to protect children walking to school
- Create a network of safe pedestrian crossings around our village
- Create wider and safer pavements particularly around ‘blind bends’
- Create traffic calming measures throughout our village
- Improve public transport and cycling links to Edinburgh park and Edinburgh gateway
These priorities have been instigated by the following:
- Villagers feeling unsafe on foot due to traffic ignoring 20mph signs
- No current safe pedestrian crossings in the village
- Recent incident of schoolchild being hit by a car
- Increase in housebuilding in surrounding villages alongside poor public transport links, has resulted in higher volumes of traffic through the village.
Contact our group
Receive our Local Group News
Find us on Facebook